Thursday, September 29, 2011

Healthy Chocolate Milk...It's really good!

Hey there everyone.  It's been a few weeks longer than I like to go before updating my blog, but with homeschooling in full swing and a bunch of other "life" stuff, I just haven't had the time to update.  You will be happy to know that in my mind I have about 20 posts floating around...now just to get them on the computer right?  So just a quick recipe today.  My kiddos love chocolate milk...okay the hubs and I love it to, but I just cringe watching chocolate milk being made with syrup from a bottle.  It is just loaded with all kinds of ingredients that aren't that great for us.  I DO NOT claim to know everything about health food, but making changes here and there really does help in the long run.  This recipe is loosely adapted from a recipe on the Internet, but I changed up the ingredients to suit our taste.  Give it a try.  No fancy or weird ingredients needed.  I Love chocolate and if I say it's good....IT IS GOOD!

You will need:

4 Cups of milk
3 Tab. of cocoa powder
4 Tab. of PURE maple syrup...not the fake stuff!
1 tsp. of vanilla

Add all these ingredients to your blender and mix until thoroughly combined.  Serve right away or refrigerate.  If you dont' use it right away you will have to mix/shake it up again before you serve.  It kind of separates, but don't worry, it still taste great!  This is chocolate milk you don't have to feel guilty about!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds soooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!