Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smells like HOME!



Do you like your house to smell like "Home?"  Many of the memories we have are often triggered by some sort of smell/scent.  I guarantee when you put this on your stove to simmer your house will smell simply wonderful...I have some simmering right now.

All you need is:

1lemon cut  up
1 orange cut up
4 bay leaves
1 large or 4 small cinnamon sticks or 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
Generous amount of cloves (I used ground, but whole would be fine too)
water

Just put all these ingredients in a medium saucepan and fill with water (not all the way to the top, but almost).  Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.  Simmer as long as you like adding water as necessary.  If you add new water make sure you boil and reduce heat again.  In just a matter of minutes your house will smell naturally wonderful.

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!


2 comments:

Lori said...

OH, that sounds amazing! I wish I had read this before I left home yesterday...could have brought the spices with me. Oh, well...I may see if I can find some cheap here. Thanks for another great idea!

Wendi said...

I do that sometimes and agree it makes the home smell wonderful!

Enjoy your day!