Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What to do with all those papers!

I'm sure like me (at least if your a Mom) you have enough drawings and crafts from your children to wallpaper just about everyroom in your house. I'm a neat freak, but yet I just can't bring myself to throw out a lot of things that my kids make. This is the idea I came up with. I have a rubbermaid container for each kiddo (you can make a cute label to go with it). I begin by always asking (especially my six year old)which pictures he wants to keep and which ones he doesn't mind throwing away. This really is a stupid question for me to ask, but morbid curiousity always wins. We usually end up keeping everything except the one little picture he scribbled on the back side of a juicy fruit wrapper. All the things he wants to keep go in the container which in turn leaves room for other things like eating and sleeping. We do have a rotating display of some of his favorites. We leave three or four on the fridge and rotate as he gets a new favorite. This minimizes clutter (which drives me insane) to say nothing of being able to see the door of my fridge while still letting the kiddos know that I love their work and am so happy to have it displayed for all to see. There are several other ideas for displaying...two that come to mind are frames and tables with glass covers that you can put the pictures underneath for all to see. Whatever your method for displaying you will appreciate not having papers all through the house! Let me know if you have any other ideas.

No comments: