Friday, April 16, 2010

Wonderful Alfredo!!!


I Love a good pasta dish...we eat a lot of it at our house. This is a recipe I found a long time ago that is "supposed to be" Olive Garden's recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo...which is still my favorite, with or without chicken (broc. too if you like). I will give you two versions. The first one is the original, but the sauce is quite heavy so I altered it a bit to suit our taste and so that we could still fit in our clothes:)

The Original

1 Pint of heavy cream
1 stick of butter
2 Tab. of cream cheese
1/2-3/4 cup of parm. cheese (use fresh...it really makes it so much better)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder (or more to your liking...I'm a garlic freak of nature)
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. of of fettuccine, cooked and drained

In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted and mixed well. Add the Parm cheese and garlic powder. Simmer this for
15-20 minutes over low heat. Toss Pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.

Now here's what I did...

2 Cups of 2% milk
1 stick of butter
2 Tab. of lowfat cream cheese (neuf.)

Follow all directions exactly the same. The only other thing I did different was I used a full pound of pasta. There was still more than enough sauce to coat everything, but if you like a lot of extra sauce you may only want to use the 8 oz. Here are my pics...I always dress up my food...I love how it looks. The fresh basil and the black of the pepper just looks so pretty against that white creamy sauce. Enjoy!



Somebody hold me back!

No comments: