Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Budget meal...and yes it's yummy!

So today I thought I'd post one of my favorite go to meals. It's inexpensive, I usually have the ingredients on hand, everybody likes it and you can change up ingredients for a different taste each time. So here it is...I call it Creamy Chicken and Noodles.

You will need...
2 cups (or so) of eggnoodles, cooked
1 lb. of chicken breast, cut up in small pieces
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
about 1/2-1 cup of milk
1 cup (or more if you like) of shredded cheddar cheese.
2 oz. of cream cheese
1 bag of mixed veggies(or whatever you perfer).

Sautee your chiken in a pan with a couple of teaspoons of butter.I always add garlic (because garlic makes my life better) and a sprinkling of pepper. I like to brown my chicken because I like the flavor it adds to the sauce. Once the chicken is done go ahead and add the milk. Don't clean out the pan, all those brown bits make it so good. Add the cream cheese as well and stir until melted. Add the mushroom soup and bring to a simmer over low heat. Throw in those veggies. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Combine the sauce with the cooked egg noodles. Serve with some crusy bread or salad. It's comfort food and it comes together in less than 30 minutes.

For tasty variations try:
*changing the soup
*changing the veggies
*changing the cheese
*using some flavored cream cheese

The possibilites are endless! Enjoy!!!

No comments: