Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Double Orange Scones

These scones are soooooo Good.  They are so light with just the right amount of citrus flavor.  These are perfect for Spring/Summer.  Did I say they were good?  I love scones...they are becoming my favorite pastry. 

Here's what You'll need:

2 cups of flour
3 Tab. of sugar
2 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
2 teaspoons of grated orange peel
1/3 cup of butter
1/2 cup of mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
1/4 cup of milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 Tab. of sugar

~Heat oven to 400.  Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper (my personal favorite).

~In large bowl, mix flour, 3 Tab. of sugar, baking powder and orange peel.  Cut in 1/3 cup of butter, until mixture looks like course crumbs (I used my food processor...makes is faster and works great).  Add orange segments, milk and egg; stir with fork just until mixture leaves side of bowls and soft dough forms.

~Place dough on floured surface.  Knead lightly 10 times.  On a cookie sheet, roll or pat dough into 7 inch round.  Sprinkle with 1 Tab. of sugar and cut into 8 wedges.  Seperate slightly.

~Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown....don't overbake!

Thats' it...so easy but so delicious.  I won't even tell you how many I ate:)

1 comment:

Bird Bug Pug said...

yum yum yum. it's fall here in sydney and scones are a must!