Monday, June 6, 2011

A very "frugal" shopping trip!






Here is a picture of all the items I bought today.  I thought it might be a little hard to see all the items so I took a few more "up close shots."





I do use a lot of coupons, but I am not a hoarder.  I don't have a storage room for my stuff, I pretty much just use my large chest freezer, my small pantry and underneath my bathroom sink.  I also don't buy things I wouldn't use or no one likes (unless it's completely free and I can give it to someone who needs it.)  For instance...last week I got 7 half gallons of Friendly's ice cream for free.  We don't eat a lot of ice cream so I brought it to church and invited everyone to stay for an impromptu time of fellowship.

Having said that...I'm just happy to get more stuff, for less money, thus making the grocery budget go further.
Also really quick...We really make an effort to eat healthy.  I use primarily Whole Wheat flour in my baking for our family and also really limit white sugar.  I cook almost exclusively from scratch and try not to buy too much prepared food.  In cases like the rice sides you see in the picture....I usally doctor those up with chicken and loads of veggies and fresh lemon.  Don't sacrafice eating well just to save money.  Use your head and buy things you can enhance with fresh fruits, veggies and lean meat.

So this is what I got:

2 Oikos yogurts
3 (6 packs each) of Danimals yougurt tubes
4 (6 packs each) Dan-o-nino Yougurt
1 Smart Balance Spread
2 (18 ct.) Egglands best eggs
Coffee filters (no coupons for those)
3 (1/2 gal.) Smart Balance milk
6 packages of Knorr's Rice sides
4 cases (12 cans each) of soda (this is for treats only.  I don't give my kids much soda)
2 Febreeze sprays
2 Covergirl Natureluxe lip glosses
2 Oral-B Pulsar toothbrushes
2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes
2 Crest Pro-Health mouthwashes (33.8 oz. each)
2 Gillete bodywashes
2 Old Spice Body Washes (Denali and Matterhorn scents)
2 John Frieda shampoo/conditioner
4 packages of Chi-Chis tortillas
1 package of coleslaw
1(36 oz.)Tide stain release (I Love this stuff...gets out just about anything)
Tide Stain release booster pacs (18 count)

Total Before Savings-$189.05
Total After savings and coupons-$44.87
Total savings this trip-$144.18

No comments: