Saturday, February 20, 2010

Some "Faboulous" recipes

Sorry it has been so long! We have all been battling sickness here in our house since just before Christmas. Praise be to God we all seem to be better! I have some catching up to do with my study on Proverbs but I thought I would post some new recipes first. Anyone who knows me, knows I love to cook. I get requests for recipes a lot so I have been trying to slowly get up some of my favorites or "standbys." If there is something in particular that you are looking for let me know. If I don't know something off the top of my head, I'll create it or find it in my cookbook collection. Sorry there are no pictures with these. Hopefully it doesn't discourage anyone from trying them. Trust me...they all are wonderful!

Creamsicle Cake

1 Package orange supreme cake mix (or white will do fine)
1 Package of orange jello
1/2 Cup of boiling water
1/2 Cup of cold water
1 Small carton of whipped cream
1 1/2 Cups of milk
1 small packet of instant vanilla pudding
Orange flavoring (If you don't have this you can omit it)

Mix cake as directed on box and bake in 13X9 pan as directed. Cool. Punch holes with meat fork. Mix jello with boiling water until dissolved then add cold water. Pour over cake. Refrigerate cake for 1 hour to set.

Topping: Mix pudding with milk. Add a few drops of orange flavoring (if using) to taste. Fold in whip cream. Frost as thick as you like. I recommend letting sit overnight for best flavor.

No comments: