Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Top 10 Reasons I Love Being a Mom and Wife

10) There are few things I like more than cleaning my house and then lighting a new candle.

9) I love the smell of clean laundry. Every time I fold a piece of laundry I think about the person who fills it and I am reminded of how much I love them.

8) I love fancy dishes, proper place settings and cloth napkins. I love making things special for the most special people in my life.

7) There is nothing more satisfying than making a good meal for my family. I love to watch them fill their belly's with food knowing all the while that I am filling their memories with so much more.

6) There is nothing sweeter than hearing "I Love You, Mommy" or "I love you, Vic."

5) I love the smell of my husbands neck after not seeing him all day.

4) I love seeing my kids "love on each other."

3) I love hearing my kids pray and talk about the Lord. Of all the things I do there is nothing greater than instilling a love for the Lord in my kids hearts.

2) I love knowing that I make my home a little bit of heaven on earth for my kids and husband. While the world outside is raging, home is a sweet retreat from it all.

And the number one reason I love being a Mom and wife? I feel the Lord spared me from going down a really bad path in my life. He used my husband to get me back on track and I am so thankful everyday for the mercy He's shown me. I am totally convinced that there is nothing better on this earth than the life I am living right now, with the precious people I have the privilege of calling my family!