Thursday, September 2, 2010

Photobucket

This is my Ode to the Pumpkin!

How do I love thee let me count the ways!
From Pumpkin pie to cookies you fill my Autumn days.
In the center of my table or perched upon my porch,
You shine in brilliant shades of orange, like a flaming torch.
In many shapes and sizes, none distort your beauty...
I should fill many a book if I told what you mean to me.
I wait for three long summer months for you to arrive upon the scene,
And when at once you get here, I can't help but dance and sing,
So beautiful little pumpkin, whom I've anticipated all year long,
In my humble opinion you can do not wrong!


And tomorrow in honor of this lovely little creature I will post some of my favorite pumpkin recipes. And by the way I won't hold it against you if you dislike or despise the pumpkin in any way.

No comments: