Saturday, September 4, 2010

Photobucket

Today I had my first official "Fall" Apple. Now if you love apples like me you know exactly what I mean when I say "Fall" apple. Now throughout the year you can find apples, usually Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, Fuji...to name just a few. But come early September, Apples take on a whole new dimension! You meet such beauties as Honey-crisp (my personal favorite), Roma, Stayman and Granny Smith. All these little lovelies only add to my obsession with fall! So in honor of the small, lovely and yet never understated apple...I give you....the Recipe for Butterscotch Apple Biscuits. Enjoy!!!

You will need:
3 Granny Smith apples
4 tubes of buttermilk biscuits (the small ones that sometimes come in four packs)
1 Package of Cook and Serve (not instant) Butterscotch pudding
1/2-3/4 Cup of sugar
1/2 t of cinnamon
1 Stick of Butter (you can use marg. but butter makes everything taste better.
Pecans or raisins if you so desire

Now...
Separate the biscuits and place them in a lightly greased 13X9 pan. Peel the apples and cut into slices. Place the apple slices throughout the biscuits. Mix the pudding, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over biscuits and apples. Melt the stick of butter and pour it over all. Pop it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes to start and keep an eye on them not to over bake. Each oven is different. Just make sure they are not doughy. You can serve immediately...which I recommend... with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Super easy and Super good!

So...here's to fall apples and all the yummy recipes that are waiting to be made with them.

No comments: