Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Contentment!


As I sat outside this morning drinking my coffee...I realized how content I felt.  As I sat on my porch and felt the warmth of the coffee cup in my hand and the cool breeze brushing against my skin I had such a feeling of contentment.  I really, truly love the simple life.  I like quiet moments and small blessings.  I was thinking to my self how richly I have been blessed and how wonderful God is.  I was thinking about all the wonderful things the Lord has provided for my family and I.  Just last night I was silently thinking (maybe not even praying necessarily) that I wanted to find some new curtains for my bedroom (the ones I bought not long ago were too dark so I used them somwhere else) but right now it's not in the budget...especiall since I have expensive taste sometimes.  We were at a thrift shop and lo and behold I found the most perfect curtains.  They were like new and exactly what I was looking for.  It reminded me once again...that God cares about even the little things and that He hears requests sometimes left unspoken.  Things here have been a little tighter than normal...but that's life.  The thought struck me that I really need not worry about money or the false sense of security it brings...my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills.  Blessings

1 comment:

lifeof4boys said...

Love the picture and header! Good job!