Tuesday, August 30, 2011

S'more Pancakes!

Why not do something really special for your kiddos some morning before school.  I think any kid who sees these on their breakfast plate would be a happy camper.  I have seen several adaptions of this recipe, but I really didn't follow one so I will just tell you what I did.  Take a look.

Yummy...stop drooling:)

Here's what you'll need:

Pancake mix (whatever you prefer...want mine?  Click HERE).
Chocolate Chips
Marshmallow Creme
Graham Crackers


Here's what you do:

Cook your pancakes according to the recipe you use.  Just before you flip them over throw on some chocolate chips.  Once they're done put them on a plate and slather some marshmallow creme over the top.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers (I used cinnamon teddy grahams).  Change up the ingredients for endless possibilities.  I wouldn't recommend serving this everyday...a little sweet maybe...but definitely a really nice treat for the kids.  Blessings.

4 comments:

Chris and Carole said...

Sounds great! My kids (and Chris!) love chocolate chip pancakes. We can't can't get marshmellow creme here, but I wonder what it would taste like with small bits of marshmellows in with the choco chips?

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious. I just recently made S'more Brownies for a family reunion. My family loved them. I should surprise them some morning with these pancakes. Thanks for sharing, and I am glad you are back online. I enjoy your blog very much.

Faith, Family, Simplicity said...

Carole...I'm sure you could use marshmellows. You could always make your own cream by melting some marshmellows with a little butter over low heat.

Chris and Carole said...

I never thought about melting marshmallows. I'll have to try that. I think this may be our Saturday morning breakfast! I'll let you know how everyone likes them :-)