Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hot Cakes!


Today I'm sharing my hotcake recipe.  To me hotcakes (I prefer hotcakes instead of pancakes) are the ultimate comfort food.  I have searched high and low to find a recipe that I like.  This recipe was actually one of the more simple ones but it's become my favorite.

You will need:
1 1/4 cups of flour
1 Tab. of baking powder
1 Tab. of sugar
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 egg
1 1/3 cup of buttermilk
2 Tab. of veg. oil.

Stir together dry ingredients.  Stir together wet ingredients.  Mix together until moistened.  Don't over mix...it should still have some lumps.  It should look something like this:
Butter (use REAL butter) to grease your skillet.  Immediately start dropping batter onto the skillet (whatever size you like).  They are ready to flip when they look something like this:
Cook until the bottom is golden brown.  Quickly put these babies on a plate and put some butter on top.  Drizzle with syrup and enjoy.  Make sure you share!




1 comment:

Lisa said...

YUMMY! Thanks :)