Monday, August 15, 2011

Homemade Tomato Sauce...Yummo!


I had a few cooked tomatoes left over from canning so I decided to turn them into spaghetti sauce.  I really, really, really love spaghetti...in just about any form.  It's even better with some homeade sauce.  I really didn't follow a recipe, but I will kind of give a rough estimate below.

I started with I'm guessing about 6 cups of tomatoes. 

I then added the following:

1 Tab. of dried parsley
1 tsp. of oregano
1 tsp. of basil
1 tsp. of italian seasoning
2 tsp. of garlic salt
1/2 tsp. of thyme
1 tsp. of salt
1 Tab. of olive oil

I basically cooked down the tomatoes a little and then added all the ingrdients.  I just kept adjusing the taste.  I added more garlic....because I LOVE garlic.  It came out really fresh tasting.  I'm really looking forward to eating it on a cold winter night.  


No comments: