Friday, August 19, 2011

My Cozy Kitchen

Today I was busy canning tomatoes and baking some zucchini bread with veggies from our Garden.  As the tomatoes were boiling in the canning pot, two loaves of whole wheat zucchini bread were cooling on the baking rack and simmering on the stove was a lovely pot of macaroni soup. For those of you who read my previous post about my love of macaroni soup... I just couldn't wait...I opened up one of my jars of tomatoes and threw a pot together.  My taste buds appreciated it.  And the thing that makes me most happy is that my kids loved the macaroni soup just like I did when I was little!  I don't think there are many things more cozy to me then the smells of the kitchen and the sounds of my children playing around the house.  All these things are what make a plain ole' house a HOME.  It is what my kids will remember when they are older and what makes me most happy in the here and now.  I am so thankful for the bounty of food the Lord has given us.  He daily loadeth us with benefits!

For the recipe I use for the zucchini bread...click HERE.


And here it is....the love of my life (well besides my hubs).

Have a simply great day everyone.  Remember to stop and be thankful for the little things.

1 comment:

Lori said...

OH, my goodness! I was catching up on your blog and now I am so hungry! I miss baking. I decided not to do any while I am here because I am dieting and I know myself well enough to know I'd eat it. All your stuff looks so good. I too like my own canned spaghetti sauce better than store bought. Zucchini bread is a favorite, and I too have a favorite hotcake recipe. One of Eric's favorite snacks is Puppy Chow! Of course, Fall is my favorite season, and Christmas my favorite holiday.....do you suppose we are related? I love reading your blog! Going to look for those Glade products tomorrow! Thanks for sharing! Miss you all!