Monday, August 15, 2011

Gooseberry Patch-Rise and Shine Quiche

Don't you just love the cover of this book...so cozy:)

I don't think I've found a bad Gooseberry Patch Book yet.  They are all so quaint and filled with such great ideas.  I happened to try a recipe from this book simply because I had all the ingredients on hand...and needed to use up some hash browns in the freezer.  Turns out that everyone loved it.  They cleaned the pan and asked for more.  I definitely will be making this again.

You will need:

24 oz. pkg. frozen diced potatoes, thawed
1/3 cup butter melted
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese (I used Monterrey Jack because it's what I had)
1 cup of cooked ham diced
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 t. of seasoned salt

Press potatoes into the bottom of a greased 9X9 pan; brush with butter.  Bake at 425 for 25 minutes: top with cheeses and ham.  Set aside.  Beat milk, eggs and salt; pour over cheese mixture.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes (depends on your oven). 

Here is is right out of the oven!

Here's the quiche ready to eat...that lovely slice of bread is homemade Maple Wheat Bread that I made today.

2 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

yum! it looks so good, and I make a breakfast dish for our Sunday School class every other week. This will definitely have to be on the list. :) thanks for sharing!

lifeof4boys said...

looks good! I like Quiche.I was thinking of making this ahead for Christmas Morning.
Love the music.You'll have to teach me!